Salary: Competitive Salary (DOE) Type: Permanent or Temporary
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? If you want to make a difference, read on.
At PSU Technology Group, you’ll be working for an industry leader, with exposure to a diverse range of technologies. You’ll be part of a team who design, implement and maintain large scale bespoke solutions to customers across the UK, and who rely on PSU to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.
We have talented individuals, great teams, a fantastic culture and we also have fun at work!
Want to be part of our team?
We need skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform for you to realise your ambitions.
Our Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) is a dynamic team who provide design, implementation and support services to our managed service customers. We now have an excellent opportunity for an experienced, IT Savvy Engineer who loves to delight customers, learn new technologies, and enjoy working as part of a team.
Ownership is something you will do, seizing the opportunity to improve and enhance where possible, being a role model for our wider team. You will be passionate about fostering a strong team ethos and customer delivery, and will be committed to our customers’ needs and company values.
What you'll be doing
- To provide technical support and guidance to our customers, technical services, sales and business development teams.
- To be familiar with, and follow documented procedures and working practices relevant to the job
- To assist the management team with IT projects.
- To be able to fully document both pre-and post-sales visits in a technical but also commercial manner.
- To provide both pre-and post-sales support/consultancy.
- Architect level knowledge and hands-on experience with some combination of storage, compute, cloud, networking, virtualization and firewall technologies.
- To participate in the on-call rota as required.
- To undertake any other duties deemed appropriate by the Director of Service and Operations.
Desirable Skill Sets
- Previous experience working for a fast-paced reseller.
- Previous Implementation role.
- Good technical understanding of security products.
- Good working knowledge of virtualization core technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft systems including MS Exchange and Active Directory.
- To understand Network concepts such as IP sub-netting, routing, WAN and LAN.
- Proven hands-on experience required.
- Customer focused – can do/will do attitude essential.
- Procedural documentation skills required (Word, PowerPoint, Project & Visio).
- Hands on experience of Vmware and HyperV.
- Citrix and Terminal Services support.
- Previous SQL and or Oracle server support.
- Previous hosting/Cloud or 365 solutions roles.
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Positive attitude and excellent verbal communication skills, with both internal and external customers.
- The ability to take control of the customer to ensure that the right resolution is agreed and actioned.
- Versatile, adaptable and approachable to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrable autonomy and the authority to make and implement own decisions.
- Self-motivated and focused on results.
- Able to prioritise issues and objectives based upon commercial and technical reasoning.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the UK.
- Excellent problem management and logical trouble shooting skills, with the ability to think creatively and laterally in respect to resolving problems.
- The successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
Join our expanding team and accelerate your career with PSU Technology Group today.
- Competitive Salary (DOE)
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Group Life Assurance
- Mileage Allowance
- Corporate Eyecare
- Childcare Vouchers
- 22 days paid holiday (incremental with service) plus Bank Holidays
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for a role with PSU, please download the application form and submit it, together with a covering letter and a copy of your CV, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or via post to:
The HR Department
PSU Technology Group
1 Manchester Park