The directors of PSU Technology Group have reason to celebrate following their return from the Mitel Reseller Convention held at the Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando, Florida. Having more than doubled their orders of Inter-Tel systems during 2006, the group went on to increase this figure by a further 75% in 2007 finishing on a figure in excess of $1.2m.
In recognition of this significant growth, the directors of PSU were awarded Platinum Reseller status in front of an audience of twelve hundred industry peers. "It was a thoroughly enjoyable event." said Michael Lounton, Managing Director of PSU Technology Group, "These occasions always offer a great opportunity to network with other resellers and industry professionals. We have some new products to learn and relationships to build following the merger of Inter-Tel and Mitel; but sipping a beer in a bar in Orlando is a pretty good place to start."
Pictured above from left:
Paul Butcher (President & Chief Operating Officer, Mitel), John Lounton (PSU TG), Michael Lounton (PSU TG), Don Smith (Chief Executive Officer, Mitel), Paul Valentine (PSU TG).
We support and maintain Inter-Tel phone systems for some of the biggest names in the country
If you'd like to find out more reasons why we've been awarded Platinum status, visit our dedicated Inter-Tel website at www.intertel-systems.co.uk
Inter-Tel User Guides
We maintain the largest and most up to date library of Inter-Tel User Guides and Manuals.
Mitel | Inter-Tel - A merger of equals
In September 2007 Inter-Tel and Mitel concluded the final details of their merger. The merger combines Inter-Tel’s strength in the US and UK, its enterprise muscle and its call centre clout with Mitel’s global reach and brand leverage.
The benefits to Inter-Tel customers
are significant and abundant:
- The merged company will be the top North American SMB networking player (1), second in the Western Europe IP PBX market (2), and the overall leader in the UK communications market (3).
- Combined revenue in excess of $800 million USD
- Combined market coverage in excess of 90 countries
- Increased R&D activity benefiting both brands
- A shared commitment to open standards
- Greater product choice from two trusted brands
- A commitment to existing product lines and customers
- A commitment to ‘open’ industry standards, such as SIP, XML and CSTA
- Extensive portfolios, covering unified communications, networking, management and networked applications
- A broad choice of solutions from the very small to the very large, from IP-enabled to pure IP unified communications, from standard solutions to tailored, from single site to multi-site
(1) Infotech: InfoTrack for Unified Communications – April 2007
(2) MZA: Corded IP lines shipped - Quarterly Reporting - Q1 2007 - Europe
(3) MZA: Corded PBX/IP PBX - Quarterly Reporting - Q1 2007 – Europe
“Since the completion of the merger, we have moved rapidly to bring together the best elements of each company - Mitel’s vision in unified communications with Inter-Tel’s U.S. market coverage and managed services model - to create a true market leader,” said Mitel chief executive officer, Don Smith. “The scale created by the combination of Mitel and Inter-Tel makes us a clear choice for the hundreds of channel partners who have built their businesses around our solutions.”
Don Smith. CEO Mitel. January 2008.
Below you'll find Mick, Paul and John's subtle approach to PR.