Salary: £23K - £26Kpa (DOE) Type: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for an AAT qualified/part-qualified Accounts Assistant to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, your responsibilities will include payroll, purchase ledger, month end procedures and bank reconciliation.
At PSU Technology Group, you will be working for an industry leader, with exposure to a diverse range of technologies. We design, implement and maintain large-scale bespoke solutions for customers across the UK, and who rely on us to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.
Want to be part of our team?
We need you to have exceptional customer service skills and a desire to make a difference. Your ability to work under pressure and meet conflicting deadlines is important, as well as being flexible and forward thinking.
The successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
For this role we will consider full time, part time and job share.
What will you be doing?
You will work directly for the Director of Finance and possess strong transactional experience in processing monthly payroll, purchase ledger, month end procedures and have experience in bank reconciliation.
Ownership of the company payroll using Sage payroll
- Processing monthly and year end payrolls, including distribution of P60s
- Sending payment of salaries to the bank
- Checking monthly expense claims
- Processing starters/leavers
- Ensuring timely payments to HMRC
Maintaining purchase ledger
- Matching invoices to relevant purchase orders
- Entering invoices and credit notes onto the system
- Ensuring supplier payments are made with credit terms
- Reconciliation of statements
Month end processes
- Performing relevant reconciliations (bank, credit card etc)
- Maintaining and processing prepayments and accruals schedules
- Managing and reconciling deferred sales and deferred purchases
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Preparing provisional P&L and assisting the Director of Finance with the final P&L
- Processing quarterly VAT returns and submitting timely payments to HMRC
- Providing cover for the department, including purchasing & credit control functions
- Banking, including processing cheques
- Managing petty cash
- Responding to internal and external queries including payroll, suppliers, HMRC
- Any other duties deemed appropriate
- AAT qualified/part qualified
- Proven and recent experience using Sage payroll software
- Exposure to SAP B1 and/or ConnectWise systems
- Highly numerate, accurate and methodical
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision
- Adheres to agreed procedures, but able to demonstrate initiative
- A proactive and engaging team player
- Excellent communication skills
- A good sense of humour!
- Salary £23K - £26Kpa (DOE)
- Pension scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Corporate Eyecare
- 22 days paid holiday (incremental with service) plus Bank Holidays
- A relaxed, fun, but busy environment
- Supported training and development to suit your needs
- Free weekly fruit delivery
- Birthday off
- Team and social events
- A great staff breakout area including: pool/snooker table, dartboard, games, TV, radio, and relaxing lounge area
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for a role with PSU, please download the application form and submit it, together with a covering letter and a copy of your CV, to: email@example.com, or via post to:
The HR Department
PSU Technology Group
1 Manchester Park